If your alarm panel is alerting you of a low battery, it's time to get the battery changed out. Though your sensors have a battery life of 5 - 8 years, we recommend changing the batteries every 2 years to be proactive. Use the steps below on how to change the battery in your motion detector.
Tools Required: None
- Step 1: Ensure that your alarm system is currently disarmed. Opening a sensor while the system is armed will send a Tamper alert to authorities.
- Step 2: Press the half-circle shapped button on the top of the motion detector to remove it from the base. If you see the red light on the motion sensor turn on, this is normal and will stop after 3 - 4 minutes.
- Step 3: Pull the old battery old and replace it with a new one.
- Step 4: Reattach the motion sensor back on it's base by attaching the bottom first, then the top.
- *NOTE: If the system is still reading that the motion sensor has a low battery, remove it from it's base as described in Step 2 two or three times to clear the message.
If the issue persists after performing the above steps, feel free to contact us via our Live Chat option on the site!